Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Get a life!

Why I'm blogging instead of getting tore into the olives and bread that have just arrived on the table, I don't know - other than because Neil has his mac and I'm at the kind of happening when people do this sort of thing. We're in Centotre, a lovely Italian restaurant on George Street in Edinburgh, and it has wifi and it seems a shame not to use it.

Anyway, this is TeachMeet07, and it took me 4 hours to get here, and people are pouring in to join us and if I don't stop soon and eat and olive I'll miss out. And if I try to blog after eating olives Neil will never let me near his Mac again, so better not. The wine is red, the conversation wired, and dinner has been ordered.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:40 PM

    Surprised you managed to put the olives on hold long enough to post this, in view of the gastronomical deprivation you were suffering earlier. I have likened the Teachmeet, in my head, to seeing a colour television, with surround sound, when we had previously been in black and white and mono. I particularly enjoyed the wee snippet of the apostrophe conversation. It's my pet bug. I did the Latin :-) Andrew was a sport eh? I was so very pleased to meet you, at last, and must reiterate my thanks for your interest and involvement in the 'Teddy' blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It *was* good, wasn't it? I felt I was letting the dinosaurs in by the back door with the apostrophes - but hey! I have to be good at something and I'm skating on thin ice with the technology. Hope we meet again at similar events....

    ReplyDelete