Saturday, July 07, 2007

Sun, rain and midgebites

I've just finished uploading the last of my photos from the Colonsay trip here on Flickr. I chose the one on the right because the intensely blue sky reminded me that it was summer then - let's hope it returns. On the TV News tonight I saw the flooded fields of disconsolate farmers, and wondered if the weather had anything to do with the not very pleasant new potatoes I've been buying, which have pale fawn insides - undetectable when scrubbing - and a strange smell.

This is the first time for as long as I can recall that I've been at home during the first week in July, and I have to admit I was seized today by the sudden notion to book a holiday somewhere with guaranteed sun and heat. In the meantime, however, I'm so glad to have seen this clip on Complete Tosh. I thought I recognised Bury St Edmunds - glad to have it confirmed.

Tomorrow will see the second Midgebites and Candlelight at Holy Trinity Dunoon. If you read this, you're welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment