Friday, March 28, 2008

Late thoughts

Update: the gremlins are still there on Safari. I've submitted a bug report to Apple. I wonder if it'll have more effect than telling BA about the ineptitude of their lost property arrangements.

On the other hand, Skype is working beautifully - even if Neil in LA looked as if he was speaking about 2 seconds after I'd heard him. Skype has to be the best thing since sliced bread.

I've been tinkering with a poem I wrote six years ago. I realise how my lines have lengthened since then - and wonder what Larkin and Thomas felt about their early work. Did they ever want to rehash, or did they simply write another poem? Pity I can't ask them...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:39 AM

    Chris,
    Sorry for not replying earlier...

    It sounds as though some preference files have become 'farged'... I'd be tempted to download Appzapper (http://www.appzapper.com/) and use one of your five free zaps to completely remove Safari before reinstalling it. At least that way you know that it's an actual Safari problem rather than corrupted prefs files...

    Let me know how you get on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this, Mr W - I have a horrid feeling I lack the moral courage/fibre/whatever to do this ... when I can always forget Safari and return to Firefox! Want to pay a wee visit to the boondocks?

    ReplyDelete