Saturday, August 02, 2008

Light and darkness


Sunset
Originally uploaded by goforchris.
I'm off tomorrow to St Mary's Cathedral in Glasgow; +Gene Robinson will be celebrating and preaching there. It's an occasion which makes me proud of our Scottish Episcopal Church and our Primus, and I'm looking forward to the Eucharist on all sorts of levels.

And the picture? I couldn't resist it. I took it the other evening as we waited for the ferry at McInroy's Point; the Cal Mac ferry looks as if it's under fire from an alien spaceship, surrounded by apocalyptic clouds. Actually the clouds were pretty impressive, as Blairmore vanished in a thick rainstorm which presumably counted towards its reputation as the wettest village in the area. And the sea was like molten fire - absolutely amazing.

And on another level, I think this photo is symbolic of what is happening in the SEC at the moment. Work it out!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That's some picture! I'm so impressed. Your previous comment about the invisible nature of your creative talents was clearly premature!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, not "invisible" - "ephemeral"! Bedtime I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:56 PM

    end of one era, dawning of a new one?

    ReplyDelete