Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Petered out


Today, we learned from CNN, it was to be hot - 31ºC hot - and sunny. It was. And we were rubbernecking big style at the Vatican. I shall reflect on this later, when I'm not picking words out on my phone, but I have to remark on the constant yells of 'silenzio' from the guardians of the Sistine Chapel, the effectiveness of a severely pious look when heading for a wee sit down in an area reserved for prayer, and the wonderful unobtrusive nature of the Leica when snatching forbidden photos. And prayer? Never felt less like it.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:44 PM

    Can u teach me UK English??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:56 PM

    St Peter's left me cold as far as praying was concerned. S Maria in Trastevere is the place to go for that.

    ReplyDelete